We have all heard of Matt Barkley from USC, or Montee Ball from Wisconsin. Let’s all just take a look at the top 5 SEC Candidates for the Heisman Trophy from the SEC.
- Marcus Lattimore - Lattimore would have probably gotten an invitation to New York last season had he not gotten hurt mid way through the season. Look for Lattimore to bounce back, and have a strong year in the backfield. Lattimore will most likely be the workhorse of the Gamecocks, with Shaw calling the shots.
- Aaron Murray - Aaron Murray of the Georgia Bulldogs is raved about as one of the best quarterbacks in the SEC. Murray has the smarts, and the accuracy in order to get things done on the field. Murray will have all eyes upon him this season as he may be the Bulldog’s only big time name behind the line.
- Tyler Wilson - Wilson had a great year with the Razorbacks last season. He is looking to have a huge season this season. Wilson will have may offensive targets this season. Even with the loss of Bobby Petrino, the Razorbacks are loaded up with talent and could make a potential run for the West Crown.
- AJ McCarron - Nick Saban keeps looking for new players to step up and make the “big play.” McCarron certainly did that during the 2011 BCS National Championship Game when Saban allowed McCarron to open it up. As long as Saban allows McCarron to throw at will, McCarron will probably climb to be one of the best quarterbacks in Alabama’s history, and may even climb to the top of the Heisman voters’ lists.
- Knile Davis - we just have a large amount of talented running backs here in the SEC. Knile Davis has definitely made a name for himself during his tenure at Arkansas. Davis – like Lattimore – was injured last season. Davis has the ability – especially with the help of Wilson – to lead the Razorbacks to victory week in and week out. Davis will definitely be a star and a huge offensive weapon for this Razorback team.