The SEC Network launch will include a live visit to the University of Georgia, and the graphic above is part of the whole new look of the whole new SEC Network.
The Network will go live from 6-9 p.m. on Thursday August 14 and visit all 14 SEC schools during the three-hour official launch on Thursday. Former UGA All-American lineman and current SEC Network game analyst Matt Stinchcomb will anchor the live segment from UGA which is expected to air near the 7:30 p.m. mark.
Staged on the south side the of Stegeman Coliseum, the UGA segment will include an interview with head football coach Mark Richt as well as interviews with Bulldog quarterback Hutson Mason and tailback Todd Gurley. Also featured will be the UGA national champion equestrian team. Georgia’s Redcoat Band will be in attendance as well.
Southeastern Conference heroes from on and off the field lent their voices in an opening essay addressing the tradition and history of the SEC. Peyton, Eli and Archie Manning, Shaquille O’Neal, Dara Torres and Joe Namath are among the 31 voices that will ring for the SEC. Their words will be the first in SEC Network history and will be expanded upon over the course of the show and the year ahead by a talented pool of SEC Network commentators, 15 of which are involved in the opening show.
The première will involve 21 anchors, reporters and analysts working both in studio and live from campuses.
Highlights of the debut special include:
- Faces of SEC Now: Hosts Dari Nowkhah and Maria Taylor will anchor the first live show from the network’s Charlotte, N.C., studios. They will be joined by broadcasting legend Brent Musburger as well as Paul Finebaum, Greg McElroy and Booger McFarland
- Live Whip Around Reporting: Analysts, reporters and even a SportsCenter anchor will disperse to report live from the following SEC locations: Marcus Spears (Alabama), Niki Noto (Arkansas), Rece Davis (Auburn), Joe Tessitore (Florida), Tim Tebow (Florida), Matt Stinchcomb (Georgia), Laura Rutledge (Kentucky), Peter Burns (LSU), Ben McDonald (LSU), Tony Barnhart (Mississippi State), John Anderson (Missouri), Kaylee Hartung (Ole Miss), Shannon Spake (South Carolina), Ryan McGee (Tennessee), Kayce Smith (Texas A&M) and Jessica Mendoza (Vanderbilt)
- All-Access: Go inside football camps with wired coaches; listen live at Mississippi State practice with Coach Dan Mullen, stride alongside Florida¹s walkthrough with coach Will Muschamp and shout with Yell Leaders at Aggies Yell practice.
- Features: Auburn offensive lineman Shon Coleman was sidelined in 2011 and 2012 while fighting leukemia. Coleman returned last September and is battling for the starting left tackle position vacated by Greg Robinson, the No. 2 overall pick in last year¹s NFL Draft.
- Live look-ins and highlights from in-progress soccer matches UAB at Vanderbilt and Creighton at Arkansas.
Like any TV network, only one show can air at a time. To present more event coverage, the SEC Network has developed the SEC Network + which is a digital network that will air hundreds of live events.