SEC Tournament – Quarterfinals
MORE FROM DAWN OF THE DAWG
- Georgia bulldogs hold on to beat Bama in Tuscaloosa13h ago
- Georgia football recruiting: Dawgs trending for elite 2018 RB1 d ago
- Georgia Basketball: Previewing Thursday’s trip to Alabama1 d ago
- Was John Calipari’s defense of Mark Fox genuine?1 d ago
- Georgia Bulldogs: Already building for 2019?2d ago
(1) Kentucky vs. (9) Georgia
Kentucky and Florida are currently tied at the top of the SEC, with the Gators dismantling the Wildcats back on Feb. 4. But something tells me things will be different on Saturday at Rupp Arena and the Wildcats will win and snag the top seed in the SEC tournament.
It’s difficult to beat anyone three times, especially with how tough Georgia played Kentucky in both of their meetings this year. The Bulldogs need Maten to pull the upset, but they gained some confidence this past weekend with how well they played without him.
If the Bulldogs can upset Kentucky and get to the semifinals, that would bring their record to 21-12, and I think that will be enough to get the Dawgs into the Big Dance.