Saturday vs. South Carolina
More from Dawn of the Dawg
- Georgia Football: Top 5 Nick Chubb Moments at Georgia
- Georgia Football: Know the enemy UAB Blazers
- Nick Chubb is America’s running back, and he will return
- Georgia Football: Should laundry list of injuries be a cause to panic?
- Georgia Football: Report cards for Week 3 game against South Carolina
For the sake of this topic, we’re going to assume Georgia will play South Carolina if they beat Kentucky because Georgia will need to beat a higher seed team in order to impress the selection committee.
South Carolina aren’t ranked as high in the RPI as Kentucky or Florida, but they still are the no. 3 seed in the SEC Tournament. The Gamecocks defeated Georgia in both regular season games but they were both close until the very end.
It’s going to be a long shot, but a win over South Carolina might be the win Georgia needs to break into the NCAA Tournament.
Of course, if Georgia wins that game and then goes on to win the SEC Championship Game then Georgia will automatically be in the NCAA Tournament. But the Bulldogs might need less than that to sneak into the field of 68 teams.
We will certainly see this weekend in the 2017 SEC Tournament